I have a confession to make...

Sunday 8 January 2012

My name is Cherry Lane and I am a tellyaddict. There I said it...phew!! I feel so much better for getting that out there! I am crazy addicted to American TV shows and proud of it!! lol I have a whole list of shows I watch every week but to share with you my journey to addict...this is part one of my story...

It started gradually...a few episodes of Sex in the City and Desperate Housewives...we've all been there right?

Then in my old flat we got a Sky+ Box (DVR) so I could record any show I wanted and watch it whenever I felt like. I began to record entire seasons of Grey's Anatomy and Gossip Girl. I used to live a very hectic and busy life but every now and again I would get a free Sunday and spent it catching up on all the Greys and GG I had saved up.

Then came the show that changed my life (ok that might be abit of an exaggeration)..GLEE!! The music! The way they revived old songs and put a fresh spin on new ones....the mashups! I just love watching musicals in the West End and Glee was like watching a musical and funny show combined! I fell in love with the insane characters like Sue Sylvester and watching in anticipation to see which crazy out Kurt was wearing this week and Mercedes friggin AMAZING voice! I would drive my Italian housemate crazy because he didnt couldnt quite understand all the american jokes in the show and with my Sky+ remote I would keep rewinding my favourite songs over and over again! I'm sure you've probably already heard Glee's version of Journey's Dont Stop Beleiving as it become friggin huge! But here a few others from season one that got me hooked....

This is the moment I fell in love with Mercedes...



A classic Rachel Barry choir room number with a side of Mike Chang's sweet moves...



I'm a sucker for a love song so I had to include this....Its just so beautiful I became soooo crazy obssesed with it!



Hope you enjoyed these songs and tune in for the instalment of my tv addiction...

Cherry Lane xoxo

2 comments:

  1. OMG, did you see the most recent episode?! I LOVED the Moves Like Jagger/Jumpin' Jack Flash mashup. Sometimes, the Glee arrangements feel too pop-y for me, but I absolutely love love love their mash up arrangements. I am SO EXCITED for the Michael Jackson episode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! You TOTALLY made my day! I was getting abit sad that no one was interested in this post cos I really love glee so I was proper excited when I saw ur comment!! Admittedly is has been abit rubbish recently (I wasnt feeling the xmas ep) but last episode was soooooo good!! Eeesh I wasnt expecting that ending!! Moves like jagger was soo good!! I love Artie's voice...its my fav of the guys! I wish there was a little less of Shuester and more of Mike's moves in it though. What are ur fav characters and songs?? Cant wait to this week ep too!! xx

    ReplyDelete