In case you havent noticed I love baking! Its my favourite thing to do when I have some free time and I find the whole process of measuring out the ingredients, whisking & mixing and waiting for them to rise so therapeutic. This week me and my friend were at her place and abit bored so as her flat is a egg-free area we tried out this eggless Cherry Forrest Chocolate Cake with Nutella Buttercream. (sorry for the quality of pics, I only had my phone camera with me).
2 cup plain flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 can (400 grams for full can) condensed milk
1 cup melted butter
2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Nutella butter cream & toppings:
1 cup Nutella
1/2 cup butter
1 icing sugar
1 tsp milk
2 tubs whipping cream
I carton of Morello cherry fruit filling
For the cake:1. Sift the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and bicarbonate soda.
2. Combine all the remaining ingredients with the dry ingredients together with 1 cup (200 ml.) of water in a bowl and mix well using a whisk.
3. Divide into two and pour this mixture into two greased 150 mm. (6") diameter baking tins.
4. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.
5. Unmould and cool on a wire rack
For the Nutella Buttercream and cream:
1.Beat the butter until smooth, then add the Nutella and beat until all combined. Slowly mix in the icing sugar and milk until combined.
2. Whisk the whipping cream until is forms stiff peaks or until is reaches your desired consistency. I put the cream in a piping bag swirted on top and around the sides
Then assemble your cake like so...
Cherry Lane xoxo
Recipe Source: Chef in You