1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 jar Maraschino cherries, cut in half and stems removed
1 and 1/2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
1 cup icing sugar
1. Cream together the butter, sugar and eggs. Add 1 teaspoon of the almond extract.
2. Slowly beat in the flour and salt.
3. Spread the batter over a greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle the batter with the cherries and bake at 175 degrees Celsius/350 degrees Fahrenheit until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
4. Mix together the milk, 1/2 teaspoon almond extract and icing sugar. Whisk until there are no more lumps.
5. Drizzle over the cooled cookie bars.
6. Cut into 1.5 inch squares and munch away (if you haven't started already like me)!
Cherry Lane xoxo